Jewish Blintz Pancake
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage
4 beaten eggs
ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Add the sour cream,
cheese and beaten eggs. Do not stir, but fold the mixture only
the flour is bar ely moistened. Pour on a preheated, greased skillet.
This recipe will make approximately 16 pancakes. You can serve
this with strawberry or blueberry preserves. Very Good!
Find more ideas on how to incorporate soy into your
favorite recipes in the Recipe Section on www.soyfoodsmonth.org. SOURCE: ..Soyfoods Association of North America
Recipe for Blueberry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla or plain soymilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a
medium mixing bowl. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, soymilk, oil and honey
until thoroughly combined.
- Pour soymilk mixture over dry ingredients and whisk gently
until barely combined - the batter should be slightly lumpy. Gently
fold in blueberries. Cook on a hot, oiled griddle.
Yield 10-12 pancakes
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Try pairing with soy-sausage for a complete and satisfying breakfast!
Army Air Corp Photos
Book Care and
and Food Links
Cooking for a Large
Entertaining Tips and
Fun with Food
Kids Crafts and Recipes
Nineteenth Century American Women
for Dogs, Cats and
Recipes from the
Wine and Beer
Here are some
ways to bring soy foods into your meal routine:
- Silk, Westsoy, So Nice, and Soy Dream soymilks are great
options for low-calorie, protein-packed beverages that taste great and
- For a great quick lunch, try heating up Boca Chik'n
Nuggets. They are an excellent source of protein, have no cholesterol,
are a good source of fiber, and have 55 percent less fat than
traditional chicken nuggets.
- Soy smoothies are also a great snack. Let kids choose which
fresh or frozen fruits to mix together and then blend with one cup
WholeSoy® yogurt. Not only are they getting the health benefits
from fruit but they're also getting the protein and calcium they need
- Zensoy soy puddings are available in chocolate, vanilla,
banana and chocolate/vanilla swirl, and provide a delicious on-the-go
- All natural SOYJOY® whole soybean and fruit bars are a
healthy and tasty after school snack.
- Tofurky offers great deli alternatives. You can pack a
delicious sandwich without the nitrates or MSG. Tofurky deli slices
come in a variety of great flavors too.
- House Foods and Nasoya make great tasting tofu. Try cubing
firm tofu to add to your next stir-fry. It absorbs all the great
flavors and tastes delicious.
Back to Home Page
| Email Me! | Copyright 1999-2011